Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Teamwork in the snow

Last Wednesday, I got nervous as I left work. During the day, we had our first significant snowfall of the season, and the parking lot was slick. I drive a small pickup; these things are notorious for bad traction in the winter.

It took about five minutes for me to back (and forth, and back) out of my parking space. The next challenge was to get up the twelve-foot tall ramp out onto the road. I get halfway up, and slide down. Three quarters of the way up, and slide down. Halfway up - two coworkers come over to help push. Up and down, up and down. Two more coworkers come to help. Up and down. A fifth coworker arrives; I go up, and up, and up, and - onto the road!

It snowed again today. I need to get sandbags to help my traction.
In the meantime, I love my coworkers.

No comments: