Sunday, January 25, 2009

A mixed break (week 2)

I've felt much more myself this week. Increasing energy levels as the days went on, cooking, some aerobics, knitting some for the first time since before chemotherapy. But, my resting heart rate has been up around 100 again all week. Wednesday, when I woke up with pain in my right shoulder and realized that it also hurt to breathe, I was ready to start chemo round 2 then and there.

My painful symptoms have subsided (I guess whatever was resisting the tumor regrowth got stretched out enough to accommodate it) and I have really enjoyed this weekend. I feel more all over good than I have in months, and I think it will help carry me through the next cycle: treatment starting tomorrow (Monday) through this Friday, then two more break weeks.

No comments: