Saturday, November 7, 2009

Blogging: On hold

I enjoy blogging. Over a year ago, I commented on how I benefit from blogging, and those comments still hold true.

As part of a recent post, I mentioned taking on new responsibilities at work. I'm trying to do a lot of my old job, train for my new responsibilities, cover for coworkers who are taking big chunks of vacation, and in general deal with the personnel shortages of a company that has laid off half its employees. In other words, I'm spending a lot of time at work.

I'm excited about the direction my job is taking. And I feel lucky I'm able to take advantage of this opportunity: even two months ago, I had neither the physical energy nor the mental capacity for anything so demanding. I am very grateful to have recovered so quickly from my cancer treatments.

The demands of work are requiring sacrifices: I exercise less frequently, I haven't picked back up on my organ lessons, I don't cook what or as often as I would like to, and my blog posts are infrequent. I plan to start picking those things back up after the holidays at the end of 2009. Until then, I will blog only once or twice a month. C'est la vie!

I hope everyone has a happy Thanksgiving!

No comments: