Monday, April 20, 2009

We have a roof!

Well, OK, the roof on our south living room was up two weeks ago. But I just now got around to posting the pictures, so here they are:

South living room (east)
South living room (west)

In the lower picture, the sunny spot to the left is our new back door (we won't have to go through the kitchen to get to the back yard!). The middle area will house a woodburning stove, and the room to the right is a competitor for world's smallest 3/4 bath.

Our porch rebuild is also still in the framing stage:
Porch construction


And we have a bay window in the kitchen:
Kitchen bay window
I had the azalea (in back of the photo) for not quite three months before I killed it. Let me recommend the cyclamen (the one with flowers) to fellow brown-thumbs, though: it has managed to not only survive my ministrations the past five years, but bloom through them.

Back to the topic of roofs: our contractor has now fixed the damage from a tree falling on our house last summer (broken eaves, mangled gutters, damaged shingles). Since it rained all day yesterday, I was very appreciative of having gutters that worked.

I'm quite happy with how far our contractor has come in the six weeks they've been working. Maybe six more weeks and they'll be done? I guess I'll just have to wait and see!

No comments: