Sunday, October 19, 2008

Feeling better

I've been feeling under the weather lately. I haven't being able to sleep as long as I typically do, which would normally disturb me. But an article I read recently, in addition to talking about the immune system and stress, explained that an immune system rev-up prevents a person from having deep sleep. Knowing I'm normal (that being sick often means sleeping less, despite being tired all the time) makes the phenomenon easier to take in stride.

So, I got up at 5:30 this morning; instead of wondering what I could possibly be doing awake at that hour on a weekend, I just went downstairs to get breakfast. Only to be confronted with the fact that most of my mugs were dirty, including all of my favorite ones. Like I had done many times over the past few days, I gazed despondently at the sink. This time, though, I didn't feel like I was going to suffocate or like my ears would explode. Wow, that was neat. So instead of turning my back on the kitchen sink, I walked up to it and did the dishes.

That's a bright spot in several days of poor productivity. Little things like that make feeling down not so, well, down. So, here's to feeling up!

No comments: