Sunday, August 24, 2008

Routine shake-up calms things down

You know your housekeeping is sub-par when your broom has spider webs on it.

I don't think my cleaning standards have gone up in the three weeks I've been doing the no-computer-on-Saturdays experiment. But I feel like I'm more on top of my old schedule, no longer in a place where minor disturbances to my routine will throw all of my plans out the window.

Starting organ lessons has also had a noticeable effect: the lesson is once every two or three weeks, and I'm trying to practice for at least an hour, at least three times a week. My weekday computer time has fallen off quite a bit.

I miss working more on Wikipedia articles. I miss typing out blog-type thoughts more often. But I feel distinctly more at peace with my routine than I have in a very long time. Jen at ConversionDiary once quoted Fr. Ciszek as saying, "God's will can be discerned by the fruits of the spirit it brings, that peace of the soul and joy of heart are two such signs."

I'm not convinced about the God's will part, but these moves have a very "right" feel to them. Peace.

No comments: