Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Being tired all the time

I surprise myself with how reluctant I am to get a sufficient amount of sleep. I know how much better I feel and how much more productive I am when well-rested. But when I'm tired, especially several days in a row, I want to attribute it to some nutritional deficiency or undiagnosed disease: it's difficult to admit to myself that I just stay up too late. It's especially ironic when I stay up late because I want to do things I'm too tired to do.

I have some jealousy of others who don't seem to need as much sleep. To feel good, I need to be in bed for over eight hours a day; this is normal, from everything I've read. But somehow it doesn't feel normal. I keep thinking, and acting on the though, that I should be able to stay up and suffer no ill effects. Just an extra half hour, that's all I want. Or so I tell myself.

Writing this, and reading over it, brings to mind a post from a blog I read by Jen, about attachment to sin. Hm. More food for thought.

No comments: